Career, Development and Growth
About the Bank
Equitorial Bank Plc was incorporated on 3RD of August 1981 as liability company with a commercial banking licence. The Bank is wholly owned by the Asset Management Corporation of Ghana. The Bank currently operates from its Head Office at
NO 87 Bank Road, Near Osu, Accra, Ghana with one hundred and fifty (150) functional branches located in various parts of Ghana.
Equitorial Bank Plc as Employer of Choice
The Bank believes in creating a harmonious working relationship among all employees. In pursuit of this goal and aspirations, the Bank has the following employee relations objectives
- Provide an exciting, challenging, and rewarding workplace and experience.
- Compensate all employees according to their effort and contribution to the success of our business
- Review wages, employee benefits and working conditions regularly with the objective of rewarding good performance
- Maintain mutual respect in our working relationship
- Promote employees on the basis of their ability and merit
- Effect promotions or fill vacancies from within the Bank and industry whenever practicable
- Promote an atmosphere in keeping with the Bank’s vision, mission and core values.
- Be a learning organization with various platforms for employee’s learning, training and career growth and development
- Create performance driven Bank that will bring out the best from the employee
Vision, Mission, Core Values and Structure
‘The preferred bank for value creation’
‘To delight our stakeholders through a motivated workforce using innovative solutions’.
Core Values: A new SPIRIT
S - Service Excellence
P - Professionalism
I - Innovation
R - Respect for Individual
I - Integrity
T – Teamwork
Defining your career goals and aspirations and defining strategies to meet your professional objectives require a clear understanding of yourself and what you want to accomplish. You must be able to assess information about yourself, your interests, abilities and talents and identify those careers within the bank which are best suited to your experience, skills and competencies .
The Bank offers a number of programmes and resources to assist you in planning your career. These include the following : career path planning, individual career counseling, providing other learning platforms and resources for career planning, growth and development.
Career Development and Growth
In a view to enhancing career growth the Bank has created a veritable platform for employees. Recruitment and selection at
Equitorial Bank Plc is established to facilitate the Bank’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, hiring the best applicants for available positions, making the best use of their abilities and providing job satisfaction and enrichment.
As an equal opportunity employer,
Equitorial Bank Plc does not inclined to biases in its employment to any race, color, creed, religion, sex, or physical/mental disability (except where the individuals condition will prevent him/her from performing the essential functions of the position considered).
The Bank engages Fresh Graduates, Experienced Hires and Professionals into its pool of Human Resources to accomplish its corporate goal and intent. The following guidelines applies
Minimum entry qualifications include the following:
- At least 5 ‘O’ Level credits (Mathematics and English Language Compulsory)
- B Sc/B. A (Hons) with at least a second-class lower grade.
- No entry level employee shall be more thaCedis 27 years on assumption of duty.
Applicants should possess at a minimum, the Bank’s entry qualification requirements for a fresh graduate (5 ‘O’ level credits & BSc/B.A) or a Higher National Diploma (HND) plus a master’s degree or HND plus a professional qualification (ICAN,ACIB & ACCA only). A minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience in the banking or related industry is also required.